Senior Financial Analyst
Join a happy, growing team! 86% of employees recommend MCAN as a great place to work! XMC leads competitors in growth year-over-year!
The Senior Financial Analyst supports public disclosures, financial reporting controls, investor relations, budgeting, internal communications, and internal and external financial reporting for the Company. The role will also be involved in ad hoc Finance projects and requires an individual who is proactive and flexible in taking on new tasks.
This position reports to the VP, Finance and will work with other staff in a cooperative and collaborative team environment to achieve the Finance department’s objectives.
What you will be responsible for:
• Support the VP, Finance and CFO in contributing to company-wide and finance-specific projects and initiatives.
• Manage the Finance Department’s documentation of policies and procedures and maintain Finance contracts and vendor management inventories.
• Carry out the NI 52-109 process for disclosure controls and procedures and internal controls over financial reporting.
• Support the Company in ensuring appropriate and timely disclosure of material information and assist in the co-ordination of the Disclosure Committee’s activities, including maintenance of the Disclosure Policy and associated trainings and ensuring adherence to disclosure requirements.
• Analyze complex accounting issues and prepare/present assessments on their impact to MCAN.
• Support MCAN’s investor communication practices, including preparation of investor materials and reporting on share trading activity/short selling positions.
• Assist in ensuring the appropriateness of MCAN’s insurance coverage and preparation of all renewals and insurance matters.
• Support monthly GL close and financial reporting and assist in upholding treasury and term deposit controls.
• Support the preparation of accurate and complete internal and external financial information.
• Support the preparation of MCAN’s operating expense budget and prepare/present analysis on budget to actual results.
The work experience, skills, education that you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business/Accounting/Finance preferred)
- Completed or working towards CPA and/or CFA or other similar designations
• Work experience:
- 3 or more years of professional work experience in a Finance or Accounting role, or equivalent experience
- Financial services industry experience
• Skills & Abilities:
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills with superior attention to detail
- Good understanding of financial reporting processes/controls, financial planning & analysis and finance best practices
- Ability to understand accounting standards and their applicability to MCAN
- Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and financial reporting tools
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, managing several tasks concurrently
- Self-driven, with the ability to work independently, taking leadership and ownership of processes
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members of all levels and respond to stakeholders’ needs and work collaboratively with others
• MCAN employees currently work remotely on a temporary basis due to Covid-19
• Upon return to working on premises, the company will offer flexibility regarding work-from-home arrangements.
An agile, boutique residential mortgage lender with the experience, the character and the commitment to excellence required in Canada’s evolving real estate market. XMC is proudly owned by MCAN Mortgage Corporation, a federally regulated mortgage investment corporation. Our team is made up of respected industry innovators, influencers and big-thinkers. We do things differently than other lenders. Our business isn’t selling mortgages, it’s building relationships. We’re all about team, how we can make contributions, and our own self development. If you’re excited about connecting - so are we!
MCAN is a niche-strategic investor in the Canadian real estate market focused on three key areas: single-family mortgages, residential construction loans, and other real estate investments. Our targeted approach to growth reflects our expertise and understanding of the needs of investors, clients, partners and the markets in which we invest.
Our people are our best asset - the kind of people you want on your team: smart, collaborative and helpful with a friendly, positive attitude. We are committed to building the company and building team member capabilities. Do you possess and value the same attributes? Are you interested in your own development? Then come join our team!
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in the position. It is not designated to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
MCAN is committed to providing accommodation to applicants throughout the job application and interview process. If you require any accommodations, please contact our Human Resources team at 416 847 2461
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Perm FT
- Toronto, ON, Canada