Manager, Business Development
Join a happy, growing team! 86% of employees recommend MCAN as a great place to work! XMC leads competitors in growth year-over-year!
Reporting to the Vice President, Residential Lending, the BDM has a unique opportunity to make a real and measurable contribution to the development of a growth-focused brand with extensive resources and experienced leadership. The BDM is the face of XMC/MCAN and is accountable for developing, maintaining and strengthening Mortgage Broker relationships in their assigned region. This position is in the Vancouver region. A dedicated home office space is required. Must have a valid drivers license & dependable vehicle as there will be considerable local travel (when it is safe).
What you will be responsible for:
- Building a business plan to manage and grow the Vancouver Region portfolio.
- Setting aggressive regional target. And then demolishing them!
- Identifying opportunities and cultivating strategic partnerships that contribute to target and growth objectives.
- Delivering training and coaching to partner Brokers regarding XMC/MCAN programs, pricing and policies.
- Sourcing intel on market trends and competitors, XMC/MCAN initiatives and potential growth strategies in line with business objectives.
- Supporting all aspects of lead generation programs from pre-program planning to data entry and post program follow-up and tracking.
- Assessing risk objectively in-line with business objectives and policy.
- Mediating and supporting relationships between partner Brokers channel and your operations team.
- Identifying and attending key events, some travel may be required.
- Following corporate policies as they relate to behavior, communication, risk, relationships and personal conduct.
The work experience, skills, education that you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Licensed with BCFSA or be prepared to obtain the appropriate licensing upon joining XMC/MCAN
- Minimum five years of experience in the mortgage industry, preferably with an alternative lender.
- Business development experience preferred.
- A proven track record of success surpassing targets and supporting long-term growth.
- Understanding issues relating to the Canadian mortgage industry, including but not limited to: risk management, alternative lending, traditional lending, commercial and residential mortgages, default management etc.
- Experience with origination and underwriting applications, such as Finastra Express and Expert, Newton MorWEB/Velocity and ISAAC etc. will be considered an asset.
· Skills & Abilities:
- Leadership mentality: You’re a self-starter, have a positive attitude and lead by example.
- Strong technical skills and comfort with the usual suspects like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe plus experience with CRM and other business-building apps.
- Effective presentation, communication and listening skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly with grace and grit.
An agile, boutique residential mortgage lender with the experience, the character and the commitment to excellence required in Canada’s evolving real estate market. XMC is proudly owned by MCAN Mortgage Corporation, a federally regulated mortgage investment corporation. Our team is made up of respected industry innovators, influencers and big-thinkers. We do things differently than other lenders. Our business isn’t selling mortgages, it’s building relationships. We’re all about team, how we can make contributions, and our own self development. If you’re excited about connecting - so are we!
MCAN is a niche-strategic investor in the Canadian real estate market focused on three key areas: single-family mortgages, residential construction loans, and other real estate investments. Our targeted approach to growth reflects our expertise and understanding of the needs of investors, clients, partners and the markets in which we invest.
Our people are our best asset - the kind of people you want on your team: smart, collaborative and helpful with a friendly, positive attitude. We are committed to building the company and building team member capabilities. Do you possess and value the same attributes? Are you interested in your own development? Then come join our team!
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in the position. It is not designated to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
MCAN is committed to providing accommodation to applicants throughout the job application and interview process. If you require any accommodations, please contact our Human Resources team at 416 847 2461
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Perm FT
- Toronto, ON, Canada