RR - Facilities Manager
Facility Manager – Durham Region
Miller Waste Systems Inc. has been in operation since 1961. Miller is a leader in waste management, providing government and industries with a wide range of services in the provinces of Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Manitoba, Miller Waste has 50 years’ experience in the waste management sector and operates out of 30 locations.
In the position of Facility Manager your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all daily processing operations
- Manage facility staffing levels
- Continuous staff training i.e., job specific and/or site specific
- Ensure contract compliance
- Ensure regulatory compliance
- Quality control of all shipping and receiving of materials
- Miller Waste System policy and procedure compliance
- Continuous improvement of overall daily operations
- First in line contact with Durham Region relating to facility and contract
- Record keeping relating to personal files, productivity and financial reports
- Retain manager co-chair across multiple committees
- Reviewing and approval of all invoicing and payroll reports
- Ensure equipment and building maintenance records are maintained and kept accordingly
- Work alongside HR business partners regarding employee relations, compliance and engagement.
- Facility Management Professional (FMP) or equivalent designation
- College diploma/University degree in a related field or equivalent experience related to the position
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills
- Good overall knowledge of manufacturing facilities or MRF operations is a definite asset.
- Strong problem and evaluating skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Teams
- Ability to create tonnage records and productivity analysis reports.
- Prepare and adhere to annual budget expectations as well as prepare and submit monthly variance reports.
- Previous managerial experience is a definite asset
Why People Choose Miller Waste and Stay:
- Pay - Above Industry Average
- Paid vacation / Pension
- Promotes within, advancement opportunities
- Employee Appreciation BBQ and events
- Family oriented environment, we care about our employees, it’s the “Miller Way”
- Employee discounts
- Referral bonus program
- Support community involvement and volunteering
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Friday, May 28, 2021
- Whitby, ON, Canada