Triple P Practitioner (Accredited or Bilingual)
Pacekids Programs is a charitable organization that strives to empower children with special needs and their families through excellence in therapy and education. From as young as six months of age, Pacekids is there to support children with special needs and their families in the home, in the community and in the classroom. Pacekids offers a dynamic, active environment, specializing in therapeutic learning, supporting each child's unique developmental and physical needs.
If you are passionate about helping children with special needs and their families thrive, then Pacekids Programs is the organization for you!
Pacekids offers the challenge and reward of working in an integrated, child and family focused environment – a setting that recognizes and appreciates your contribution and gives you the deep satisfaction of making a real difference.
We are looking to hire 1 full-time Triple P Practitioner who either:
- Has an existing Standard Stepping Stones Triple P accreditation, or
- Has experience working with children with disabilities including children with behaviour challenges, and is fluent in Arabic or Mandarin to whom Triple P accreditation will be provided.
The position is full-time (37.5 hours/week) and requires availability on weekdays and weeknight evenings until 6:00pm. Based out of the North Pacekids location (808 55th Ave NE), the Triple P practitioner will be primarily working remotely from their home office with families via Zoom and when COVID-19 protocols allow, delivering sessions within families’ homes in the Calgary area.
The main responsibility of the Triple P Practitioner is to provide the Standard Stepping Stones Triple P Program to parents of children with a disability. Practitioners will meet directly with each client for one hour per week, plus manage their hours of indirect time (travel time, administrative duties, and session preparation). Practitioners will be required to facilitate intake requests, manage their own caseload to meet monthly targets, track billing, and organize their schedules to meet the needs of the families.
As a key member of the FSCD team, the Triple P Practitioner exemplifies Pacekids’ values of collaboration, learning, respect, integrity and accountability, and shares the Pacekids’ vision and mission. This role works collaboratively with members of the FSCD and clinical teams. Diplomacy, tact, discretion, and conflict resolution skills are necessary as this position has access to highly sensitive and confidential information. The impact of decisions made by this position will affect the FSCD program, including staff members, children, and families.
Include but are not limited to:
- Provide the Stepping Stones Triple P Program to families, as outlined by Triple P International, through weekly meetings with parents
- Present information through multiple modalities (i.e., verbal, text, video, role plays)
- Adapt program to meet the needs of each family (e.g., ESL, learning disabilities, mental illness, etc.)
- Complete all relevant paperwork for each client in a timely manner
- Communicate with clients’ FSCD Worker and FSCD Triple P Coordinator regarding the opening and closing of client files (send appropriate Welcome Letter, Closing Letter, and any information on the family’s progress that would be beneficial to the FSCD Worker)
- Track direct and indirect hours for each client, and submit hours for monthly billing
- Provide appropriate resources and community referrals to families as necessary
- Work as a team and participate in Pacekids’ meetings
What You Bring
Core competencies and qualifications:
- A degree or diploma in related Human Services field (e.g., Psychology, Social Work, Community Rehabilitation) – comparable work experience will be considered
- Minimum two years’ experience working with children with disabilities and their families, specifically supporting skill development of parents; priority will be given to candidates who have experience working with children with behaviour challenges
- Individual must have either
- an existing Standard Stepping Stones Triple P accreditation, or
- fluency in Arabic or Mandarin (in addition to English) to whom Triple P accreditation will be provided
- Strong time management and organizational skills to prioritize and balance multiple tasks
- Proficiency in the English Language, both written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently
- Ability to present information in a variety of modalities (e.g., videos, text, verbal)
- Resourcefulness required to provide families with appropriate referrals and community resources
- Experience providing emotional support to families while maintaining professional boundaries
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (e.g., Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience using Zoom to host meetings, share resources, etc.
- Must have a flexible schedule, including evenings (availability until 6pm Monday to Friday)
- Personal vehicle and valid driver’s license to drive to home visits in Calgary
- Clearance from a Criminal Record check, including a Vulnerable Sector check, current within the last six months; can be obtained upon hire within a designated time frame
- Clearance from a Child Intervention Record Check, current within the last year; can be obtained upon hire within a designated time frame
What We Offer
We are proud to offer a package that aligns with our values:
- A fun, supportive and energetic team
- An environment that encourages feedback and growth
- A competitive compensation package that includes generous vacation, sick, and personal time entitlements
- A genuine understanding of work and life demands, offering options to help balance personal and work life
- Support for professional development including extensive in-house learning and development programs and PD funds
- The opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the lives of children and families
Please direct your resume and cover letter outlining your interest in this position to: Carrie Yeske, Program Lead – Triple P. Please note, applications without a cover letter will not be considered for this position.
Pacekids Programs is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate a diverse workforce and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the grounds of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religious beliefs, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical disability, mental disability, marital status, family status, source of income, or sexual orientation.
If you require accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the hiring process, please direct your inquiries to Pacekids’ Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Permanent