Diversity, Inclusion and Wellness Specialist
| About the role
Reporting to the Manager, HR Operations, the Diversity, Inclusion and Wellness Specialist will lead the development, implementation and execution of the Payments Canada Diversity, Inclusion & Wellness (DIW) strategy and wellness programming, and will support the recruitment, engagement and development of a diverse and equitable workforce.
The incumbent will lead and support the building of a safe, inclusive, and accessible work environment where all dimensions of difference are valued and represented. They will also help champion a diverse workforce where there is equity in hiring, development, and advancement regardless of a team members’ dimensions of difference. In addition, the Diversity, Inclusion and Wellness Specialist collaborates with other members of the Organizational Effectiveness team to support a variety of HR projects and initiatives.
This position is a 1-year term.
| What you’ll be doing
- Collaborating with leadership and DIW Committee to develop a Diversity and Inclusion strategy.
- Acting as a partner with internal stakeholders to influence, provide education, consultative guidance, and present best practices related to the introduction, roll-out, and successful adoption for DIW initiatives as they relate to the needs of the organization, departments, and employees.
- Establishing and serving as Committee Secretary for the Diversity, Inclusion and Wellness Committee, working collaboratively with the Executive Sponsor and all divisional representatives to embed the Payments Canada DIW strategy across the organization.
- Analyzing, evaluating, monitoring, and proactively reporting on the impact of our programs on business operations and strategic priorities. This includes feedback received from employees and Business Partners.
- Working with the People Analytics Advisor to understand metrics and use them to build business cases that elevate DIW within the organization.
- Researching, designing and, when required, facilitating engagement and wellness events in order to support the ongoing health and wellness of our Payments Canada team members.
- Through engagement with employees, conducting needs assessments to determine strategic wellness programming.
| What we’re looking for
- University degree in a related discipline, along with 3 years of direct experience developing and delivering diversity and inclusion programming, plans and/or strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of leading practices, policies, processes and evaluation tools in diversity and inclusion.
- Proven ability to collaborate and partner with broad cross-functional teams.
- Can design, develop, and deliver innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to influence a broad group of stakeholders, partners and senior leaders
- Valid criminal record checks or eligibility to obtain
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) or other relevant designation is considered an asset
- Bilingualism (English and French) is considered an asset
| What we can offer you
- Competitive compensation package
- Health and dental benefits
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
- Prime downtown locations (Ottawa & Toronto) close to transit and shopping
- Gym and shower facilities
- Bike lockers
Please submit your application by May 19, 2021.
| About us
We are a unique organization at the centre of the payments ecosystem and Canadian economy. We are responsible for balancing and leading in an environment of multiple interests, ideas and challenges. We successfully navigate these challenges by adhering to a set of values that in themselves are tensions: Think Big + Act Responsibly, Be Ambitious + Raise the Team, Keep Momentum + Be Rigorous. We are successful as individuals, as teams, as an organization and for our members and stakeholders if we strike to balance these values in all that we do.
Payments Canada is committed to having a diverse, representative workforce and continuing to build an inclusive environment. We encourage applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities. All employment decisions are made based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and a work environment that supports our diverse workforce. Please let us know if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $58,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $78,000.00
- 350 Albert St, Ottawa, ON K1R, Canada