Molding - Process Technician
Job Title: Process Technician Department: Molding
Revision Date: September, 2020 Supervisor: Supervisor, Molding
Reporting to the Molding Shift Supervisor the Process Technician’s responsibility is to provide day-to-day technical process support leading to process capability and reliability on the Shop Floor. The Process Technician will also identify and drive Continuous Improvement projects leading to Molding achieving its performance targets. The Process Technician will be back-up to the Shift Supervisor and will foster a working environment that is fair, equitable and driven to continuously improve.
· Monitor and Ensure Health & Safety / HACCP & SQF / 5S Compliance including:
Proactively identify and suggest ways to eliminate hazards.
Correct unsafe acts or conditions, ensuring health & safety policies are followed.
Participate in Safety Investigations when required.
Provide Safety training when required.
· Molding Technical Support which entails the following:
Oversee and ensure proper execution of all Test Requests, including signing off on new equipment/processes on Molding’s behalf.
Develop and maintain all Master Setup Sheets, including monitoring Setup Sheet updates and the Master Setup Sheet Procedure.
Provide feedback to Process Technicians on the compliance to the Master Setup Sheet
Be responsible to achieve all Cycle-time and Cavitation targets.
· Report and Communicate including the following:
Overlap with outgoing and incoming Shift Supervisors to understand the current state.
Conduct and report on daily audits.
Report out using established forms to peers and Managers as required.
Ensure routine communications sessions take place with the Shop Floor.
· Support and Drive Continuous Improvement including:
Provide Leadership and drive improvement actions regarding equipment upgrades
Provide feedback and drive improvement regarding technical processes on the shop floor and participate in establishing the performance metrics and the CI program for the Department.
Facilitate implementation of changes on the shift.
Sponsor, lead, facilitate or participate in specific CI projects and establishment of Standard Work.
Promote a continuous improvement culture.
· Identify knowledge/skill gaps of the operators and others in molding ; develop training plan to eliminate these gaps (utilize internal or external training resources).
· Responsible for training Team Members on cGMPs Food Safety and Quality Procedure.
· Act as back up for Shift Supervisor in their absence.
· Provide technical guidance and support to the Machine Operators and other Molding Team Members on your shift
· Conduct layered audits of process documentation and enforce adherence to procedures.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Educational Requirements: Strong Knowledge of injection molding, strong mechanical aptitude and Lean Manufacturing
Physical Requirements: Must be able to work with constant exposure to moving machinery and noise.
Communication Skills: Fluent in English with good verbal and written communication skills
Additional Education/Experience/Skills: Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to work well with others as part of a diverse team. Minimum 5 years experience in a fast paced injection molding manufacturing environment.
· Proven ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment
· Ability to effectively coach, manage and support Team Members.
· Strong interpersonal and people management skills.
· Effective planning and organizational skills. Ability to create and manage an action plan to facilitate improvement in processes
· Good PC skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Travel % 0
- Telecommute % 0
- Required Education Some College
- Toronto, ON, Canada