Dockstocker Operator | Day Shift | 6:30am - 2:30pm
About Metro Supply Chain Group:
Metro Supply Chain Group is a world-class Canadian provider of third-party logistics (3PL). With a team over 6000, we manage the operation of twelve million square feet of engineered warehousing space across North America and Europe. Our customers know they can rely on us to support their brands with leading-edge distribution and fulfillment solutions.
When you join our team, you become part of a diverse team committed to success through teamwork and continuous process improvement. We offer a collaborative workplace based on open communication and respect for all opinions and ideas. Our team members enjoy company social events and take pride in charitable programs that provide real value to our communities. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are committed to the growth and development of our team members.
What you will do:
Working at METRO LOGISTICS INC reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the MHE Dockstocker Operator is responsible for a variety of warehouse tasks using a Radio Frequency (RF) Scanner and various material handling equipment. Working as part of a team follows best practice processes to ensure customer service is efficient and provides accurate, good quality, and on-time order fulfillment.
- The material handler plays an important role in achieving customer Key Performance indicators (KPI’s), which include productivity, accuracy, and service levels.
- Communicate and work with other team members to ensure proper movement of materials throughout the warehouse.
- Responsible for the handling of products for various operational processes including, receiving, order picking, shipping, and inventory control.
- This role requires the use of material handling equipment and Radio Frequency (RF) technology.
- Execute all tasks following Standard Operating Procedure to ensure consistent work methods are used to achieve desired customer service levels.
- Completes material handling tasks as presented on the RF, scanning where possible avoiding manual keying.
- Participates in inventory activities including, physical inventory counts and cycle counts.
- Moves empty pallets depositing them at the designated pallet holding location.
- Keeps the warehouse clean, orderly and free from obstructions with all debris placed in proper container or designated areas.
- Operates equipment and completes tasks in a manner consistent with company health & safety policies.
- Demonstrates respect for the organization’s values while maintain and upholding company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who you are:
- Dependable and reliable.
- Approachable, positive interpersonal style.
- Collaborative team member.
- Proud to take ownership of your work.
- Focused on productivity, quality, and accuracy.
- Passionate about making a difference for our customers and your fellow team members.
- Have a willingness to learn.
- Able to anticipate problems and solve them to resolution.
- Able to adapt to change and adopt new processes.
- Without compromise, maintain a safe and clean workplace.
What you bring:
Two years of warehousing experience with a minimum of 1-year operating material handling equipment Dockstocker and a proven track record for safety. Strong attention to detail and the ability to easily adopt new processes required to meet changing business needs. Several years of knowledge using a Warehouse Management System (WMS), preferably Red Prairie.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1401 Creditstone Rd, Concord, ON L4K 4N7, Canada