Redlen Technologies is the leading provider of multi-energy, X-ray imaging modules based on proprietary Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CZT) imaging sensors. Our precision energy detection platform provides solutions to Global Fortune 500 companies in the medical imaging, security and non-destructive testing market segments.
Detail-oriented? Love west coast living? You'll fit right in! Join our team of industry-leading researchers, engineers and designers delivering high resolution radiation-based imaging products that make the world a healthier and safer place. Located on Vancouver Island on Canada's Pacific coast, our employees and their families enjoy easy access to a wide variety of metropolitan and outdoor recreational activities, affording an unrivaled balance of technology work and a re-energizing lifestyle. We offer a comprehensive benefit program including flexible work hours, competitive salaries, and health and dental insurance.
Redlen is committed to promoting employee equity and building a skilled, diverse workplace reflective of Canadian society.
Under the guidance of and working alongside the Supervisor, EH&S & Training, the EH&S Technician will assist with the EH&S program and contribute towards a strong safety culture within the workplace. The ideal candidate is not only eager to support the program but improve upon it when needed.
This is an entry level position. The successful candidate may require company training.
The EH&S Technician is accountable for the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with applicable supervisors to conduct ergonomic assessments
- Ensure Safety Data Sheets are in place for all hazardous materials used onsite
- Conduct air sample/surface wipe tests and noise testing as required.
- Attend and participate in EH&S Committee meetings
- Reviews legislation and ensure compliance to current EH&S program
- Orient new employees to the EH&S onboarding program when required
- Identify, evaluate, and document hazardous conditions and practices within the workplace through Hazard Risk Assessments and other inspections
- Facilitate and oversee the Respirator program; including identifying and managing candidates, providing access to online training, and conducting fit testing.
- Advise workers on proper safety protocols, safety regulations, and any other Provincial or Federal regulations
- Conduct or assist in accident/incident investigations – lead/help with investigative process as well as ensuring mitigating actions are applicable and practical
- Perform other assignments as requested
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Logical, problem solving, troubleshooting skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a professional and timely manner
- Proficient written communication skills to accurately articulate events, results, issues, mitigating actions, etc. to both internal and external audiences
- Proficient with MS Office suite
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel
- Treat all with dignity and respect; open to and respectful of their needs
- Maintain confidentiality in handling employee information
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work in a team environment
- Demonstrate positive attitude and self-motivation
- Safety conscious attitude and approach to job performance
This individual would start in an entry level role with the company.
- 1-2 years experience in EH&S activities in manufacturing considered a strong asset but not a requirement
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Level 1, 2, or 3 First aid responder considered an asset
- Pay Type Salary
- Redlen Technologies Inc., 868120585, Saanichton, British Columbia, Canada