Senior Marketing Specialist
If you are ready to take on a leadership role in the fast-moving marketing world, Science North is looking for you! We have an exciting new opportunity for an individual with a proven marketing background who can develop strategies, compelling campaigns and memorable programs.
The Senior Marketing Specialist is a thrilling & varied role where every day brings unique and exciting challenges to inspire people of all ages to be engaged with the science in the world around them.
Here is how you’ll be spending your time…
- Create and prepare communications and content in both English and French
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure accuracy of French language documents/materials
- Develop marketing and digital plans, promotional materials and sales strategies geared toward end users, in line with targets and within budget
- Organize and plan work to meet deadlines, determine resource and material requirements
- Work cross functionally to obtain/communicate information and liaise with key stakeholders on changes affecting sales, new processes and other strategies
- Participate in regular strategy meetings, provide updates, generate new ideas and develop new initiatives to further marketing goals
- Lead research, designs and implementation measurement tools to gauge marketing effectiveness; analyze consumer demographics
- Oversee and monitor various media to ensure proper and consistent Science North brand representation across all marketing channels
- Set and direct marketing plans for Northeastern Ontario initiatives; report on campaign results and make recommendations for improvement
- Manage, coach and train staff monitor and address performance issues
- Manage, forecast and control marketing budgets, expenditures and complete financial reporting
This exciting role requires someone with…
- Demonstrated exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills in both English and French
- Extensive experience in marketing, project management and communications
- Supervisory and budget management experience
- Superior interpersonal and teamwork skills
Key highlights of compensation package…
- Starting salary at $51,100 per year
- Annual performance and merit increase consideration
- Participation in the Science North Employee Incentive Plan
- Comprehensive group benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life/travel insurance, short and long term disability coverage
- Pension plan following one year
- Free or discounted admission to partner attractions outside Sudbury, Science North facilities and program discounts, fitness membership contribution
- Professional development opportunities
- Minimum 4 weeks’ vacation
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Science North is committed to an inclusive workplace and invites applications from all qualified individuals to join our diverse team. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of Science North's selection process. We thank all interested candidates; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Science North is a registered charity.
Science North is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
- Pay Type Salary
- Greater Sudbury, ON P3E 2E2, Canada