Independently owned and operated for more than 100 years, Sheridan Nurseries is Canada's largest, fully integrated garden centre, retailer and grower, known for top quality products and services. At Sheridan Nurseries, we offer employees a dynamic, fun and fast paced work environment, focused on growth, development and personal well being. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including a company pension.
Sheridan Nurseries Head Office is actively searching for a:
Full Time, Permanent
About the Job
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, the Retail Merchandiser is responsible for improving store appearance, consistency, and profitability through effective merchandising and displays for all product categories. The primary work location is based out of our flagship Mississauga store, but travel will be required to all 8 of our retail garden centres.
- Develop and implement visual merchandising and signage execution for 8 retail garden centres.
- Lead change and adapt to evolving customer needs and experience.
- Work with Marketing, Category Managers, and Operations to uncover trends and insights about categories and assortments, driving a differentiated presence and best-in-class presentation.
- Participate in plan-o-gram development process and provide merchandising signage solutions.
- Ensure that all store layout changes are executed in a timely manner and to plan.
- Develop and implement consistent standards for compelling floor features and presentations.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Merchandising and Vendors to recommend, implement and maintain customer-oriented POP, ensuring a single brand voice to the retail guest.
- Use communication and leadership skills to build relationships with key store personnel.
- Direct store level Assistant Managers of Sales and Merchandising on merchandising product, displays and signage based on current merchandising techniques, programs and plan-o-grams.
- As the onsite liaison, focus on teamwork with Category Managers and Store Operations.
- 3-5 years of related merchandising experience in a retail setting and an understanding of category management principles and plan-o-grams.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma with focus on merchandising an asset.
- Proven ability to take projects from concept to execution.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong collaborative work ethic and excellent communication, and influencing skills.
- Passion for retail and entrepreneurial work environment. Knowledge/interest in gardening and home décor an asset.
- Ability to travel throughout GTA.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Mississauga - 606 Southdown Road, 606 Southdown Road, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada