Independently owned and operated for more than 100 years, Sheridan Nurseries is Canada's largest, fully integrated garden centre, retailer and grower, known for top quality products and services. Our Container Farm grows over 1.5 million woody potted plants on 200+ acres. At Sheridan Nurseries, we offer employees a dynamic, fun and fast paced work environment, focused on growth, development and personal well being. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including a company pension.
About the Job
This is a key position that keeps our farm facilities and equipment running smoothly. This includes our greenhouse, open bed structures and supporting equipment including an assortment of small engines, two potting machines, and other tools.
- Maintains a positive attitude and works well with other team members.
- Uses preventative maintenance and efficient repairs to have all equipment and tools in good working order as needed.
- Purchases equipment and supplies. Identifies and builds creative solutions to operational problems.
- Supervises one full-time operator and small crews during peak season.
- Works with our certified mechanic on-site as needed.
- Safety-first attitude.
- Solid work ethic, well-organized with good record keeping skills.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Willing to work long hours in spring and summer, including evenings and weekends as required in an outdoor environment.
- Working knowledge of small engine repair, welding, conveyor belts, single and 3-phase motors.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing setting and/or with gas heaters is an asset.
Physical demands of the job include:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Standing up and walking for the majority of the shift, with bending and squatting at various times required.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Container Farm - 12266 10th Line, 12266 10th Line, Georgetown, Ontario, Canada