Reporting to the Production Shift Supervisor, the Operator 1 – Material Preparation is responsible for site processes related to cannabis Milling and Packaging. This requires accurate completion of all associated processes and competent use of equipment. Strict adherence to batch record requirements and working in accordance to established cGMP standards is an ongoing requirement.
Shift Schedule: Night Shift 4:00pm – 2:30am (Monday - Thursday)
- Milling and Packaging of Cannabis
- Review batch record formulation sheets for specific instructions and accurately identifying the required equipment and raw materials
- Provide checks to verify ingredient codes and quantities match batch record requirements
- Examine materials, ingredients, or products to ensure conformance to established standards
- Follow and adhere to all given instructions including work procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Strictly adhere to and observe all safety policies as outlined in the company policies and training sessions
- Cleaning equipment, tanks and work area between lots and setting up equipment for batches
- Performing general housekeeping of the production area which includes keeping all materials off the floor, returning equipment & materials to proper storage area after each lot.
- Work closely with the Shift Supervisor to anticipate, resolve and meet production demands in real time
- Monitor process to ensure quality.
- Update all logbooks (production and safety)
- Accurately sample for lab analysis
- Perform other duties specific to the position applied to.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2+ years of experience with machine operation in a manufacturing environment considered an asset
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 50lbs. and perform repetitive physical work
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and be able to multi-task production steps
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Mechanically inclined with a mathematical aptitude
- Knowledge of cGMP an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to complete a satisfactory criminal record check
We offer a welcoming and friendly space for BIPOC & LGBTQ+ applicants.
ABOUT THE VALENS COMPANY
The Valens Company is a global leader in the end-to-end development and manufacturing of innovative, cannabinoid-based products. The Company is focused on being the partner of choice for leading Canadian and international cannabis brands by providing best-in-class, proprietary services including CO2, ethanol, hydrocarbon, solvent-less and terpene extraction, analytical testing, formulation and white-label product development and manufacturing. Valens is the largest third-party extraction Company in Canada with an annual capacity of 425,000 kg of dried cannabis and hemp biomass at our purpose-built facility in Kelowna, British Columbia which is in the process of becoming European Union (EU) Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) compliant. The Valens Company currently offers a wide range of product formats, including tinctures, two-piece caps, soft gels, oral sprays and vape pens as well as beverages, concentrates, topicals, edibles, injectables, natural health products and has a strong pipeline of next-generation products in development for future release. Finally, the Company’s wholly-owned subsidiary Valens Labs is a Health Canada licensed ISO 17025 accredited cannabis testing lab providing sector-leading analytical services and has partnered with Thermo Fisher Scientific to develop a Centre of Excellence in Plant-Based Science. For more information, please visit http://thevalenscompany.com. The Company’s investor deck can be found specifically at http://thevalenscompany.com/investors/
- The Valens Company, 230 Carion Rd, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada