F.T. Golf Club Mechanic
The Marshes Golf Club, 320 Terry Fox Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada Req #223
Friday, February 19, 2021
Marshes Golf Club is one of Ottawa’s leading Golf courses. Working at The Marshes means redefining the hospitality experience in Ottawa where we deliver sensational service.
- To maintain the proper operating function of golf course equipment and performs major or minor equipment repairs.
- 2 years’ experience as a licensed mechanic, automotive or small engine, electronics, gas and arc welding. Fabrication of specialty tools, gas and diesel engines
- Working knowledge of fluid hydraulic, grinding and resetting reel mowers
- Schedule and perform appropriate preventative maintenance work.
- Perform routine functions of maintenance and repairs of golf course/project equipment: tractors, riding mowers and hand mowers.
- Maintain all mowing equipment operable and properly sharpened.
- Maintain service records on all equipment and major repairs to facilitate historical evaluations.
- Maintain shop working area in neat, orderly fashion and observing the working conditions in compliance with all appropriate safety and compliance laws.
- Work with Superintendent and Golf Maintenance crew in training and safety of equipment.
- Maintain appropriate inventory control.
- Assist in mechanical problems in other departments and provide assistance to homeowners and guest in emergencies.
- 2 years’ experience as a licensed mechanic, automotive or small engine, electronics, gas and arc welding. Fabrication of specialty tools, gas and diesel engines.
- Working knowledge of fluid hydraulic, grinding and resetting reel mowers.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical problems.
- Available to work early hours and weekends.
- Participating knowledge of the game of golf.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all Golf employees.
- First Aid/CPR Training an asset, or be willing to be trained.
- Generally work schedule is Monday to Friday, can vary based on business demands, and weather conditions.
- Winter, snow removal shifts are available.
- Exposure to heat/cold from the mechanical equipment.
- Moderate to loud noise level.
Email your resume to email@example.com
The Marshes Golf Club is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. The Marshes Golf Club welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities, to support the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11 for the Employment Standards set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodations and/or a copy of these documents in an alternate format for reasons related to a disability, please contact our Casting Department (Human Resources) at 613-271-3592. To review our AODA IASR Employment Policy please contact the Casting department.
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Marshes Golf Club, 320 Terry Fox Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada