Senior Architect/Project Manager
WalterFedy has big plans for the future and we
need the best talent to make it happen. As a multi-discipline architecture,
engineering and construction firm, the business is always evolving. Our team
needs to be agile, ambitious and persistent in the pursuit of our shared
We have a long history in the Waterloo Region, but that doesn’t mean we’re old-fashioned. We strive to push the envelope, think differently and address everything we do with creativity. When we consistently approach projects in inventive ways, clients get better results, our team thrives and we challenge our industry to redefine what’s possible.
At WalterFedy, collaboration is a key part of our identity. With so many talented professionals under one roof, you’ll find cross-discipline support for your projects is always within reach. Our team is made up of the industry’s best architects; civil, electrical, mechanical and structural engineers; technologists; energy and carbon specialists; asset and facility management specialists; construction managers and corporate services professionals. Together, we’re building better communities with smart, influential design.
The Senior Project Architect, Project Manager is one of the firm’s representatives responsible for the overall leadership and management of a project from inception through completion. You will actively lead, direct, and manage projects with a forward thinking, solutions-based mindset on a daily basis to ensure customer and project team success. You will have the authority to speak for the firm in dealing with the customer in all routine matters associated with the project.
**This role is open to applicants interested in working at either of our locations in Kitchener and Hamilton**
What We Love
- You are ambitious in your pursuit to be the best
- You get the importance of paying attention to detail without losing sight of the big picture
- You embrace progressive change, out-of-the-box thinking, and working in a high-energy environment
- Actively participate and oversee the entire project life cycle from preliminary services through project implementation, providing leadership, client input/feedback and general direction
- Work with the design team (within the architecture studio and across our engineering disciplines), developing and monitoring design strategies for building construction to ensure efficient and sustainable project delivery
- Support and maintain existing customer relationships, and develop new relationships with clients, industry affiliates, engineers, technologists, technicians and construction personnel
- Manage all aspects of client relationship, including meeting with clients, progress reporting and the resolution of issues as required
- Coordinate the preparation of specifications and drawings and cost estimates, ensuring they meet established project criteria and applicable standards
- Assist Team Leaders in maintaining and further developing standards related to our architectural practice, ensuring best practices for project management and delivery
- Be aware of and effectively use current and new design and project management technology
- Prepare reports, proposals, budgets, project plans, schedules and other supporting documentation
- Communicate the necessary safety training and/or requirements expected of the project team, and facilitate additional safety training as required
- Ensure Team Leaders have followed Quality Management protocols
- Monitor project budget hours and project schedule, and take corrective action as required
- Mentor staff in a motivational environment in areas of project management, team building, efficiency and customer relations
What We Need
- Technical education in Architecture (B Arch or M Arch)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is desired
- Working knowledge of Revit
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in the design of institutional, commercial and industrial projects
- Previous supervisory and project management experience in a consulting environment
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian/Ontario and other relevant codes and standards (i.e., OBC, ESC, CSA, IES, IEEE, NFPA, ASHRAE)
- Excellent communication, time management and multi-tasking skills, with a strong emphasis on attention to detail
- Strong interest and experience in business development
- Competitive salary plus performance-based bonus
- Competitive vacation
- Reimbursement of annual dues for professional organizations
- Employee referral program
- Employee social club – employees attend a variety of recreational and cultural events
- Strong volunteer outreach to the community – we support Habitat for Humanity, Hockey Helps the Homeless, KidsAbility and many other organizations
While the majority of the role will be based in the office, the ability to travel away from the office is required to assist and attend on-site project meetings throughout Southwestern Ontario.
Why Join Our Team?
We offer challenging and rewarding careers, and are committed to integrity and business ethics, with safety as a top priority. We promote a healthy balance between our employees’ professional and personal lives, taking time to appreciate our work and celebrate our achievements. To learn more about our company visit our website at www.walterfedy.com/about.
How to Apply
Please apply above. You can also visit our website for more career opportunities www.walterfedy.com/careers.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of contact and provisions will be arranged.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
- Job Family Architect
- Pay Type Salary
- Kitchener, ON, Canada