Health and Safety Coordinator
Kitchener, ON, Canada Req #74
Thursday, March 18, 2021
About Us and Our Integrated Approach
AEC Developments and WalterFedy continue to thrive in growing and developing our team and our business, and we need the best talent to make it happen! We are established enough to have deep roots yet nimble enough to aggressively pursue our bold goals. We believe that investing in our talent is critical to achieving these goals. We offer parallel leadership opportunities to put our talent in roles where they make the biggest impact.
We are actively seeking an enthusiastic Health & Safety Coordinator to continue to develop and maintain a complete and robust safety program, ensuring safety as a priority item. The right candidate will have a good attitude and work ethic and must be willing to assist the Site Superintendents, Project Managers, and our Business leaders with health and safety and project coordination requirements. This position will directly report to the VP, Operations of AEC Developments with an indirect report to the HR Director of WalterFedy.
What We Love
What You Will Do
- You are relentless in your pursuit to be the best
- You are a big picture thinker who understands how to effectively listen to clients and build consensus
- You sweat the details in your commitment to meet our client’s high expectations
- You embrace progressive change, out-of-the-box thinking, and working in a high-energy environment
- You are proactive, constant and consistent with your communication to both our client and our project team
- Oversee, plan and participate in AEC Developments’ involvement in the WSIB Health and Safety Excellence Program, while maintaining the health and safety management system in anticipation of pursuing IHSA’s COR
- Organize and conduct health and safety training programs to ensure all workers and supervisors are competent to perform their tasks, and increase awareness at all levels of the organization
- Maintain all Health and Safety documents, records, inspections and training certificates for WalterFedy and AEC Developments
- Participate in the Joint Health and Safety Committee functions, and act as a liaison between the JHSC and the CEO for WalterFedy
- Provide statistics and recommendations to management in a timely manner to ensure continued improvement of workplace health, safety, environmental and loss control
- Provide coaching and support on Health and Safety requirements to project team
- Facilitate the review of subcontractors safety documentation for accuracy and providing feedback to personnel
- Coordinate Return to Work activities with the WSIB, Human Resources, and all parties involved
- Prepare site health and safety plans, conducting hazard assessments, incident investigations and risk assessments, as required
- Monitor and review subcontractors' safety on-site to ensure compliance to safety procedures and proactively identify hazards and implementing corrective measures
- Coordinate, schedule and perform regular reviews of the office environment to minimize disruption to the office
- Other administrative and project coordination duties as required
What We Need
- Knowledge of IHSA’s Certificate of Recognition (COR)
- Knowledge of Ontario Occupational Health and Safety legislation
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a preventative safety-focused role in the construction industry
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize according to workload
- Excellent training and presentation skills
- Sound knowledge of all relevant Occupational Health and Safety legislation and COR
- Demonstrated ability to keep detailed and accurate safety records
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with solid organizational and planning skills
What We Offer
- Competitive salary plus a performance-based bonus
- Competitive vacation
- Reimbursement of annual dues for professional organizations
- Employee referral program
- Employee social club - employees enjoy a variety of recreational and cultural events
- Strong volunteer outreach to the community – we support Habitat with Humanity, Hockey Helps the Homeless, KidsAbility and many other organizations.
Working Conditions and Safety
Standard hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm, and some overtime hours may be required from time to time. Ability to travel away from the office is required to assist and attend on-site project meetings.
In this role you will work within the company safety policies and procedures, and adhere to any applicable federal or provincial legislation.
Why Join Our Team?
We offer challenging and rewarding careers and are committed to integrity and business ethics, with safety as a top priority. We promote a healthy balance between our employees’ professional and personal lives, taking time to appreciate our work and celebrate our achievements. To learn more about our company visit our website at: www.aecdevelopments.com.
How to Apply
Please apply with your cover letter and resume, indicating the position you are applying for. Also, visit our website for other career opportunities: www.aecdevelopments.com.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of contact and provisions will be arranged.
Thank you for your interest in AEC Developments!
- Job Family Health and Safety
- Pay Type Salary
- Kitchener, ON, Canada