Are you ready to take your career to new heights? Join our growing team at WesTower Communications Ltd. as a Project Manager!
We are Canada’s largest network service contractor offering Engineering, Design, Fabrication, Construction, Project Management, and Maintenance Services for telecommunication carriers, independent tower operators, broadcast, and utility.
The Project Manager is required to perform an array of duties related to the general oversight of project execution and customer relations. The Project Manager’s duties can include initiating and maintaining client relationships, securing projects, working with clients to identify and address needs, communicating client needs to site and ensuring the needs are addressed in an effective manner. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of the organization. It is expected that the employee demonstrates behavior consistent with the core values and support our strategic plan.
Telecommunications Construction Knowledge
Adaptability / Flexibility
Creative and Innovative Thinking
Decision support and Judgement
Planning and Organizing
Accountability and Dependability
Ethics and Integrity
Attention to Detail
Focus on Safety
Proactive approach to work
- Oversee project initiation, progress, and completion.
- Understand and Implement contract requirements.
- Identify and peruse new and existing clients’ projects.
- Prepare project quotes and estimates, utilizing high-level ad generalized guidelines for project pricing.
- Negotiate contracts, quotes, etc. with clients and sub-contractors.
- Develop and manage project budget, scheduling, cash flow, site logistics, etc.
- Oversee billing and invoicing processes, ensuring timely submissions and turn around.
- Provide timely and effective solutions to problems.
- Accurately communicate client needs to project team.
- Proactively work with clients to prevent problems, answer questions, and develop relationships.
- Understand and implement WesTower’s Health and Safety guidelines, including running site orientations, participating in audits, developing crisis management plans, etc.
- Prepare technical documents including risk registry, monthly reports, IPR, etc.
- Chair meetings and conduct presentations to leadership, clients, and teams.
- Plan and execute meetings between teams, clients, etc.
- Analyze existing procedures and identify improvement that will positively impact productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Coach and mentor project teams, through the utilization of performance reviews, one on one meetings, and constructive feedback.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent.
- Technical Diploma or Degree (preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a leadership position (preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the telecommunications construction industry.
- Ability to set priorities and avoid crises management.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Ability to work effectively and prioritize.
- Ability to remain calm and poised in urgent situations.
- Ability to planning (strategic and short-term) and organize effectively.
- Experience with change management and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrates competence in communication, professionalism, organizational, analytical and technical skills, knowledge in the performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Believe in the benefits of a strong Health and Safety culture and contribute to its success.
- Skills in development and maintenance of effective relationships with clients, customers, and teammates.
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem solving, and decision-making.
- Strong working knowledge of government regulations and compliance requirements.
- Proficiency in using computer systems and applications including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in managing diverse teams.
- Conducts and presents self in professional manner.
- Demonstrated competence related to the application of our core values.
- Respects the beliefs, culture and ethnic heritage of others.
- Adheres to organization's security and confidentiality policies.
- Office and Field setting.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Interacts with upper and middle management, employees, subcontractors, and clients.
- Repetitive work.
- Overtime, as required.
- Pay Type Salary
- Vaughan, ON, Canada