When you join KFC, you join the Colonel's family, and we always aim to make the Colonel Proud.
Kickstart your career by working on one of the world’s most iconic brands and join our transformation journey at KFC Canada. As a key member of the Marketing team, the Community Manager has the unique opportunity to be the voice of KFC in Canada across our social media platforms, working cross-functionally to protect, build and modernize the brand. We are looking for an outgoing, spirited, creative wordsmith, social media fanatic who has a hunger to bring our iconic brand positioning to life on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You will also need to bring your problem-solving skills directly to the consumer, ensuring that every conversation results in a positive KFC experience – driving overall brand sentiment and retention.
Key Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Drive engagement by interacting with fans and followers; answering questions, comments, and customer queries/concerns in a timely manner, getting information from other departments when required
Monitor key online conversations to ensure KFC’s participation and representation in relevant and events
Identify influencers in the industry, seeking for partnerships and collaboration opportunities
Make every interaction a brand building one by supporting KFC’s guest recovery agency with necessary tools and brand direction to facilitate guest recovery.
Liaising with the Social Content Coordinator to conduct reporting on social conversations and promotional campaigns, sharing actionable insights with the Marketing and cross-functional teams.
Stay at the forefront on social/digital trends and seek opportunities to leverage trends in a distinctive and relevant way for KFC.
Key Qualities & Qualifications:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills - both written and verbal
- Bilingual in French & English (written French required for monitoring of French community pages)
- Self-starter with outstanding creativity to produce engaging, original and attractive content for our social communities.
- Friendly and engaging personality with a passion for igniting positive, “make you smile” interactions with others
- Display strong analytical and problem-solving skills – identifying issues and resolving problems in a timely manner using creativity and good judgment in order to build trust and cultivate relationships
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; versatile, flexible and adapt quickly to continuous changing demands
- Ability to work independent. Be the day-to-day voice of KFC across owned social media channels – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter – monitoring and engaging with consumer posts/conversations to build sentiment and modernize the brand; fostering a sense of community around the brand by building relationships with the community and as a demonstrated team player in a fast-paced environment
- Ambitious, with a hunger to learn, grow and challenge the status quo
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years Marketing, Communications, Public Relations experience (or a related field)
- Experience with social media management tools (e.g. Conversocial, Hootsuite, Sprinklr) an asset
What makes KFC a great place to work?
Our People. We invest in people capability above all else, with a proven track record of developing internal talent to leadership levels across the business both in Canada and globally. We want people with smart, heart and courage that have the opportunity to not just make impact today but to become leaders of the future.
Our Culture. We are known for a culture that rewards and recognizes great effort, big or small, and providing the work life balance that is so important to staying inspired and engaged. We don`t just say it, we mean it – every Friday is a half day at KFC Canada! We will focus on your personal development as much as your professional development to ensure you can bring your best self to work.
At KFC Canada, we are a proud brand to be voted as Top 20 Great Place to Work (GPTW) from 2014-2018 and a Great Place to Work for Women.
KFC, part of Yum! Brands, is the world's most popular chicken chain and every day, we serve more than 12 million customers in more than 45,000 restaurants around the world. Our commitment to great food and service is the same commitment Colonel Harland Sanders had when he founded the concept more than 55 years ago, and that's why KFC remains the worldwide leader in the category.
KFC Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. KFC Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.
- Pay Type Salary