Director, Performance Marketing (Retail & Digital Marketing)
When you join KFC, you join the Colonel's family, and we always aim to make the Colonel Proud.
The Performance Marketing Director leads the strategic planning and execution of the offline and online KFC retail portfolio with a maniacal focus on driving profitable transaction growth leveraging key retail levers and the full channel mix. Empowered to influence real business change, from day one you will shape the promotional, retail and customer experience of KFC Canada.
Key Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Drive brand penetration and profitable transaction growth through leadership of omnichannel retail plans and execution and testing of a 24-month rolling calendar that delivers on brand plans and AOP targets.
- Lead key retail levers of promotion calendar, media, pricing, menu portfolio strategy, sales channels (offline & online), digital platforms (KFC App, CRM, Website and Aggregator), Dmail and LSM with a goal of maximizing profitable growth and optimizing for performance.
- Thought leadership – from strategy to action – on modernization of marketing and media mix as we continue to unlock digital growth and modernize media principles.
- Leadership of the media account, partnering with our agency to continue evolution to performance marketing with a focus on building brand over time and driving sales over night, ensuring effective budget management, forecasting and KPI control, effective measurement & insight generation and activation.
- Transform data capabilities to deliver measurable growth, building online and offline strategies to increase adoption of digital channels and acquisition of customer data with a future back plan on delivering ROI across key brand and sales metrics.
- Lead the development of the digital channel strategy, including optimization of experience and profitability, to secure industry leadership.
- Drive continuous improvement of customer experience through product management & development for Web, App, Kiosk, CRM, and other digital touchpoints (new and existing) including partnership with internal and external technology team and vendors to execute digital growth roadmap.
- Close collaboration with Brand & Innovation teams on campaign planning, performance optimization and overall brand strategy development and execution.
- Key partner with cross-functional implementations teams including Operations, Finance and Technology.
- Collaborate with KFC Global team on key brand initiatives, global best practice sharing and regional/global projects.
- Manage a high performing team of 7 marketers.
Key Qualities & Qualifications:
- Tertiary degree level qualification essential, with major in marketing or business-related discipline preferred.
- Experience in all facets of modern marketing including traditional and digital media.
- Strong retail background across a broad digital spectrum including ecommerce, CRM, performance, customer data, and with a proven track record of driving profitable, transaction lead top line sales growth.
- Strong leadership and influence skills, accustomed to working directly with leadership teams and senior business owners.
- Ability to operate at both a strategic and tactical level and to communicate effectively to a wide range of stakeholders.
- A non-hierarchical leadership ethos, with a strong record of growing bench and succeeding through others as well as cross-functional collaboration at all levels of business
- Experience designing and executing customer experience through digital channels at a trusted service brand with high-volume web and app, membership propositions and campaign & decision management tools an advantage.
- Highly data driven and analytical with a capability of turning insights into actions that derive results.
- Experience of managing and having strong relationships with large agencies and partners – Media & Digital.
- Knowledge of store operations and internal departmental processes would be considered an asset.
- International mobility highly regarded.
What makes KFC a great place to work?
Our People. We invest in people capability above all else, with a proven track record of developing internal talent to leadership levels across the business both in Canada and globally. We want people with smart, heart and courage that have the opportunity to not just make impact today but to become leaders of the future.
Our Culture. We are known for a culture that rewards and recognizes great effort, big or small, and providing the work life balance that is so important to staying inspired and engaged. We don`t just say it, we mean it – every Friday is a half day at KFC Canada! We will focus on your personal development as much as your professional development to ensure you can bring your best self to work.
At KFC Canada, we are a proud brand to be voted as Top 20 Great Place to Work (GPTW) from 2014-2018 and a Great Place to Work for Women.
KFC, part of Yum! Brands, is the world's most popular chicken chain and every day, we serve more than 12 million customers in more than 45,000 restaurants around the world. Our commitment to great food and service is the same commitment Colonel Harland Sanders had when he founded the concept more than 55 years ago, and that's why KFC remains the worldwide leader in the category.
KFC Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. KFC Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Contact email@example.com if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.
- Pay Type Salary
- Vaughan, ON, Canada