Machine Shop Manager (Working)
Just the Tip of the Iceberg.
There’s more than meets the eye at Arctic Glacier. Sure, there are great opportunities, but there’s also the cool culture, friendly environment and solid work ethic.
Here, you’ll work with a team to get the job done and help each other to solve problems and meet client commitments. Even better? You’ll have the support of co-workers and managers who will roll up their sleeves to pitch in. In the end, the people of Arctic Glacier stand behind what they say and do what they say they’ll do. This simple formula leads to the success, and a personal gratification of feeling valued.
Arctic Glacier is a leading manufacturer and distributor of premium quality packaged ice products, primarily under the brand name Arctic Glacier ® Premium Ice. We are the largest producer of packaged ice in Canada and are one of the largest producers in the United States, serving over 75,000 retail, commercial and industrial customer locations. From our North American headquarters in New Jersey, we provide direction to facilities operating in six Canadian provinces and nineteen US states.
Merchandiser Shop Manager
Reporting to the Area Vice President, the role of the Merchandiser Refurbishment Shop Manager is to provide managerial and hands on oversight to the staff and shop mechanics in order to achieve targeted output & quality refurbished merchandisers.
- Manages inflow & inventory of all assets
- Recruits and manages staff
- Provides training and oversight to maintain both quality and targeted output
- Manages/analyzes KPI’s and metrics to maintain efficiency and costs
- Maintains inventory of merchandisers and tools/parts
- Possesses a factory mindset for proper throughput
- Maintains safety protocols, especially cleanliness and organization of work areas
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
- 3+ years supervisory experience in a factory type setting with responsibility in output and quality
- Freon refrigeration experience and certification considered an asset. Will train the right candidate.
- Strong aptitude in electrical and plumbing
- Strong overall mechanical aptitude
- Strong attention to detail and organization skill
- Strong time management skill
- Staff supervision experience required
- Microsoft Excel experience required and data analytics helpful
- Willingness to work “in the trenches” when needed
- FT year around management position
- Full benefits package
- 401k with match
- Paid Time Off
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Type de paie Salaire
- Kansas City, Missouri, États-Unis