There’s more than meets the eye at Arctic Glacier. Sure, there are great opportunities, but there’s also the cool culture, friendly environment and solid work ethic.
Here, you’ll work with a team to get the job done and help each other to solve problems and meet client commitments. Even better? You’ll have the support of co-workers and managers who will roll up their sleeves to pitch in. In the end, the people of Arctic Glacier stand behind what they say and do what they say they’ll do. This simple formula leads to the success, and the personal gratification of feeling valued.
Reporting to the Area Vice President, this position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operating activities of the Distribution department. This includes hiring, training, and supervising distribution staff and establishing positive employee relations. It also involves coordinating delivery routes, scheduling drivers, and ensuring that a premium level of customer service is always presented. Other responsibilities include performing daily reconciliation of packaged ice transfers, ensuring compliance to company and safety policies, and ensuring that all trucks and the warehouse facility meet all government standards..
- Supports the Managers in the tactical and strategic operating activities of the Distribution department within the region.
- Assists Managers in the management, hiring and training of the distribution staff.
- In conjunction with branch leadership, coordinates delivery routes and ensures delivery personnel maintain a superior level of customer service through an organized routing system.
- Ensures compliance of all Arctic Glacier requirements including but not limited to daily reconciliation of packaged ice transfers, daily trip reports, Smart Drive coaching, route compliance, driver scheduling, overtime management and inventory management.
- Acts as Arctic Glacier’s distribution expert by keeping abreast of distribution best practices, operational and technology advancements.
- Effectively manages regional business units through annual budget planning to ensure actual expenses are managed as close to budget as possible.
- Oversees performance management of Managers and their distribution staff.
- Endorses the safe and compliant operation of the distribution centers under their leadership.
- Implements and maintains budget by controlling costs.
- Compiles accurate and complete inventory reports.
- Maintains employee morale monitored through high retention of drivers and positive feedback from customers.
- Employs proper staffing levels to ensure efficient operation of department.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
- The ideal candidate will have 5 - 8 years’ of experience working within a distribution environment in a leadership role, preferably in the food industry.
- Ability to receive and maintain a Commercial Driver’s License – Class D
- Experience working in a Direct Store Delivery environment managing a fleet of company leased vehicles & drivers
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High level of communication skills both written and verbal.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to react to a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Experience in direct/indirect influencing is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of customer database and route system.
- Working knowledge of MS Office software.
- Familiar with Ministry of Transportation Offices and Ministry of Labour regulations.
- Broad knowledge of sales management and distribution practices and trends.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Arctic Glacier welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Type de paie Salaire
- Mississauga, ON, Canada