Walkie Operator | Day & Afternoon |
Day: 6:30am - 2:30pm
Afternoon: 2:30pm - 10:30pm
What you will do:
Working at METRO LOGISTICS INC reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the MHE Walkie Operator is responsible for a variety of warehouse tasks using a Radio Frequency (RF) Scanner and various material handling equipment. Working as part of a team follows best practice processes to ensure customer service is efficient and provides accurate, good quality, and on-time order fulfillment.
- The material handler plays an important role in achieving customer Key Performance indicators (KPI’s), which include productivity, accuracy, and service levels.
- Communicate and work with other team members to ensure proper movement of materials throughout the warehouse.
- Responsible for the handling of products for various operational processes including, receiving, order picking, shipping, and inventory control.
- This role requires the use of material handling equipment and Radio Frequency (RF) technology.
- Execute all tasks following Standard Operating Procedure to ensure consistent work methods are used to achieve desired customer service levels.
- Completes material handling tasks as presented on the RF, scanning where possible avoiding manual keying.
- Participates in inventory activities including, physical inventory counts and cycle counts.
- Moves empty pallets depositing them at the designated pallet holding location.
- Keeps the warehouse clean, orderly and free from obstructions with all debris placed in proper container or designated areas.
- Operates equipment and completes tasks in a manner consistent with company health & safety policies.
- Demonstrates respect for the organization’s values while maintain and upholding company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who you are:
- Dependable and reliable.
- Approachable, positive interpersonal style.
- Collaborative team member.
- Proud to take ownership of your work.
- Focused on productivity, quality, and accuracy.
- Passionate about making a difference for our customers and your fellow team members.
- Have a willingness to learn.
- Able to anticipate problems and solve them to resolution.
- Able to adapt to change and adopt new processes.
- Without compromise, maintain a safe and clean workplace.
What you bring:
Two years of warehousing experience with a minimum of 1-year operating material handling equipment Walkie and a proven track record for safety. Strong attention to detail and the ability to easily adopt new processes required to meet changing business needs. Several years of knowledge using a Warehouse Management System (WMS), preferably Red Prairie.
- Type de paie À heure
- 1401 Creditstone Rd, Concord, ON L4K 4N7, Canada