WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO THEIR PASSIONS THROUGH GREAT CONTENT
Blue Ant Media is a privately held content producer, distributor and TV channel operator. We own and operate numerous production companies in North America and Asia-Pacific under the Blue Ant Studios banner, creating content for broadcasters and streaming platforms in multiple genres including factual entertainment, natural history, documentary, adult animation and drama. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a substantial catalogue of content, including one of the world's largest 4K natural history offerings. Blue Ant Media operates channels under nine brands including Love Nature, Smithsonian Channel Canada, BBC Earth (Canada) and more. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with seven international offices in Los Angeles, New York, Singapore, Tokyo, London, Washington DC, and Beijing. Blueantmedia.com
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values: optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the successful candidate will work alongside our Look Mom! Productions team.
Core Responsibilities & Duties
- Work closely with Production Supervisor and provide support for all production and development projects under the Look Mom! Productions brand;
- Prepare cost reports weekly, bi-weekly or on an as needed basis. This includes aggregating all Timesheet and GL data, review of cost report coding, Canadian and foreign cost spending, and entering ETC’s as provided by Production Supervisor, providing updated costs incurred and summary of actuals to date;
- Prepare recoveries to productions for corporate overhead, fringes, workstations and other internal costs, providing estimates on a monthly basis, and detailed quarterly;
- Prepare PO’s in NetSuite, create invoices for billing, and make payments from various production company bank accounts, including WGC and ACTRA remittances, and expense reconciliations;
- Set up vendors and resourcing in NetSuite;
- Provide support and coordination (with corporate finance and legal) to set up greenlit productions, including legal entities, bank accounts, NetSuite standing data, Canadian tax registration, etc.
- Prepare final cost reports for production partners, TV tax Credits, CMF Phase 2 closing, and Bell fund. This includes review of final coding, related party transactions summary and variances explanations for CMF Phase 2 purposes, Tax credit calculations (CPTC, OFTTC, OCASE), CAVCO 6 schedules, including preparation of final Production Binder;
- Book production accruals, including Tax credit receivable amounts for OFTTC, CPTC, OCASE
- Prepare statement of Production costs for audit/reviews, including Non-Canadian and Non-Ontario costs, funding structure;
- Assist corporate finance department with production details for corporate tax returns;
- Act as main contact for external auditors during cost report audit;
- Provide support and documentation for tax credit and funding applications;
- Support and assist with Production Accountant duties for other Canadian Production development projects and other duties as assigned.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- 4-5 years of Production Accounting experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance discipline preferred;
- Thorough understanding of Canadian tax credits and funding models, including those specific to animation (OCASE);
- Experienced in industry-related software, advanced Excel, and familiarity with NetSuite desired;
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
- Pay Type Salary
- Toronto, ON, Canada